Thoughts to Ponder are my musings regarding community, things of the Spirit, and living as a Christ-follower. I don't offer the words of a professional or an expert; just a fellow traveler and explorer. Please don't take my musings more serious than I do. I've discovered a long time ago that I do not hold the keys of knowledge or wisdom. If I did, I misplaced them somewhere...typical.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Back and Forth

Dad is back in ICU. However, it's not as bad as it seems. His chronic bronchitis (an annual affair) kept him coughing so much he wasn't getting enough oxygen. In a private room on a floor there is one nurse for 14 patients. They decided it would be better back in ICU where there is one nurse to two patients. This way they can be more aggressive in their work. They've decided to keep him in ICU until they release him to rehab.

Oh yes, he is only hooked up to an oxygen mask. So he has a lot more freedom.

One nurse who worked with dad the day before was surprised to see him back. She told us "Mr. Willis is strong. He was strong when he was brought in. He will do fine and recover fully."

I must say the nursing staff at ETMC is one of the best I've seen. I've been impressed not only with their professionalism, but also their demeanor and compassion.

Thank you for your longsuffering prayers! Please continue in this ministry! I believe they are making a difference, not only for him, but for the rest of us!

-Darryl-

No comments: