Thoughts to Ponder are my musings regarding community, things of the Spirit, and living as a Christ-follower. I don't offer the words of a professional or an expert; just a fellow traveler and explorer. Please don't take my musings more serious than I do. I've discovered a long time ago that I do not hold the keys of knowledge or wisdom. If I did, I misplaced them somewhere...typical.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sabbatical Pictures

Welcome to the Selah Inn in Mt. Vernon. The Selah Inn is a bed and breakfast that contracts 30 weeks with the Pastors' Retreat Network. Here ministers and pastors from a variety of traditions gather to spend time resting, visiting, praying, and spending time in solitude studying the word for themselves.

Enjoy the pictures from both the Selah Inn and from Pine Cove Retreat Center in Tyler and my dad's acreage in East Texas. These are some of the places where I am spending time in solitude.

(Below) Some of the beautiful flower beds and gardens at Selah Inn.


Time devoted to reading, prayer, and meditation. I can't tell you just how refreshing such time can be when you are using it just to grow and not to develop a sermon or lesson! This table is one of dozens of tables and chairs scattered throughout the Inn. It isn't unusual to observe people just sitting at a table in silence reading or praying. Of course, many were taking the opportunity afforded by the 750 acres owned by Selah.


I have been spending most of my time reading the gospel of Mark and re-memorizing several sections of it. I've also had the opportunity to finish Mother Teresa's biography Come Be My Light (you can check out my book review on the link found on this website).


No comparisons, please! It just wouldn't be nice--although it is tempting, I'm certain! The dog's name is Daisy, by the way! And she loves to ride with anyone who will take her!




The pictures below are of Pine Cove and Dad's place. The cardinal is in honor of Jeremy--my dad is quite fond of bird feeders. The old barn and fence I helped build...over 30 years ago!


No comments: